Group Fitness and Transformation Specialist, Speaker & Presenter, Fitness & Health Nerd, Picky-eater, Blogger, Movie-goer.
Noel Chelliah’s approach to fitness is simple – he believes that fitness should always be an invitation, and never intimidation, and he founded DailyMuscle based on this.
As a fitness leader in Malaysia and an ACE-certified Health Coach, Personal Trainer, and Group Exercise Specialist, Noel’s programs have been featured on Malaysian TV, Radio, SHAPE Magazine and on a weekly TV Fitness show on ASTRO Vbuzz.
In 2012, Noel Chelliah won the Asia Fitness Convention ‘Fitness Idol’ competition, recognizing him as of of Asia’s elite presenters and coach. Noel is also Malaysia’s first Precision Nutrition (PN) Level 1 Certified Coach and the only Malaysian to possess a TT (Turbulence Training by Craig Ballantyne) Certification.
However, things weren’t always this way for Noel. As a teenager back in school, Noel was destined to be obese, heading down a path of unhealthy eating habits and despising any form of sports and fitness. He always felt out of place when it came to sports, surrounded by people who were unsupportive and just couldn’t understand that Noel had absolutely no interest in wanting to achieve an ‘elite’ level of fitness performance.
As a previously overweight teenager, Noel understands what it’s like to have low self-confidence, to be teased at in school, to be that person who’s ‘never chosen’, and always ‘picked last’ in school activities.
Recognizing that are many others just like him, who desire a non-intimidating approach to fitness and a place where it’s OK to be ‘un-fit’, Noel started DailyMuscle back in November 2005, to create a results-driven inclusive environment that makes fitness fun, celebrates every unique individual and understands that failure is part of the process to get fitter and stronger each day.
The Power of Two
Noel is married to Kimbeley, and they complement each other in many ways, and the two now work together to create change and inspire people to be better every day. Kimbeley is a two-time SEA Games gold medalist and national athlete.
With a combined experience of over 25 years, both Noel and Kimbeley are an unstoppable authority in helping people rediscover the fun of fitness, moving better and to be successful in their fitness journey.
A portion of revenue generated from all DailyMuscle programs go directly to support Orphancare Foundation, a charity close to Noel and Kim’s heart. DailyMuscle also holds fund raisers throughout the year to aid this organization and bless the children who come in through their doors.
Orphancare is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the placement of unwanted babies and orphans with loving families.
Noel Chelliah is a local graduate with a Computer Science background and first entered working life as an IT professional in 2000 with a Malaysian software development company, MyBiz Malaysia.
In his 8-year stint in MyBiz (yes, it was his first job and he stayed there for 8 years), he progressed through various positions which included being a writer, content developer, multimedia specialist, customer service leader, sales person, systems designer, Internet specialist, project manager, and consultant and advisor to the CEO.
Noel played significant roles in multiple projects serving clients in the government, telco, automotive, technology, and oil and gas sectors. However, little did he know that this was just a stepping stone and training ground preparing him for his future and career in fitness.
Today, as a fitness leader, the following are some highlights of Noel Chelliah’s career in fitness:
- Personal Trainer, American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Group Exercise Leadership (ACE), First in Malaysia
- Group Fitness Instructor, Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA)
- Group Fitness Innovative Teaching, GFIT, Fitness Innovations Thailand
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 (PN1), *First in Malaysia
- Certified TT (Turbulence Training by Craig Ballantyne) Trainer (Only one in Malaysia to date – 2016)
- 2012 Fitness Idol Winner, Noel Chelliah at Asia Fitness Convention, Bangkok, Thailand
- Spokesperson & Brand Ambassador for Reebok Malaysia
- Co-teaching for BASE TRAINING Academy in Athens, Greece, 2013
- FitCamp Program with Lawrence Biscontini, Mykonos, Greece, 2016
- Turbulence Training Trainer of the Month October 2016
- Fitness Advisor to the Ministry of Education and Nestlé Malaysia (school intervention module known as HEBAT : Healthy Eating and Be Active among Teens)
- IDEA World Fitness Convention Delegate 2012, San Diego California
- Turbulence Training Summit with Craig Ballantyne, 2013 – San Diego California – Delegate
- Asia Fitness Convention 2009 – 2016 – Delegate
- Asia Fitness Convention Presenter 2014, 2016
- Panelist at the BFM Health & Living Live 2016 presented by AIA, Bangsar, KL
- Speaker, ‘Live A Little More’ Campaign with AIA Vitality and the Malaysian Women’s Weekly
Noel is Faculty Member of FG2000. Founded by Lawrence Biscontini M.A., Mindful Movement Specialist and winner of multiple industry-recognized awards, FG2000 is a team of elite instructors from around the globe who are dedicated to providing excellence in continuing education in wellness. Each FG2000 Faculty Member is a provider of continuing education credits, and thus a member of continuing education faculty for, ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NASM, NSCA, and SCW-EDU, among others.
FG2000’s Mission Statement: to provide international world-class, unbeatable continuing education experiences that are simultaneously research-based and fun, regardless of any country’s economical status and ability to afford such training.
As a fitness educator, Noel conducts training programs and continuing education for fitness professionals in Malaysia and at fitness conventions throughout Asia.